Rob Thomas and Matt Stevenson are two innovators with a passion for working with timber in all its forms. In this podcast, recorded earlier this year, they join David Hedges ...
In this podcast Tom Barnes and Andrew Bronwin talk about the impact of the pandemic, climate change, productive woodlands, the role of government and policy, pests and disease, tree species ...
Investing in Afforestation—Economic aspects of woodland creation for timber production | Briefing Papers
The decision to invest in an afforestation project with the primary aim of producing timber may involve many personal and environmental factors alongside financial considerations. Adoption of a forestry enterprise ...
Expanding commercial conifer forestry is the most efficient strategy for achieving climate change mitigation through woodland creation, according to a new study published in Nature Communications. The ground-breaking research led ...
The new timber sales and marketing plan: Small processors and access to timber on Welsh Government Woodland Estate
NRW’s Timber Sales & Marketing Plan (2021-2026) can offer opportunities for the small timber processing community in Wales. The purpose of this paper is to interpret the Plan and its ...
Unlocking the full potential of offsite manufactured timber housing in Wales: The Challenge of timber price volatility
Unprecedented price volatility of timber is constraining the development of the timber frame manufacturing sector. This threatens the delivery of Welsh Government’s affordable housing, MMC and zero carbon strategies. The ...
- 30/07/2021 – Newsletter – Jul 2021
- 16/04/2021 – Newsletter – Apr 2021
- 16/02/2021 – Newsletter – Feb 2021
- 17/12/2020 – Newsletter – Dec 2020
- 05/10/2020 – Newsletter – Oct 2020
- 03/08/2020 – Newsletter – Aug 2020
- 01/06/2020 – Newsletter – Jun 2020
- 06/04/2020 – Newsletter – Apr 2020
- 04/02/2020 – Newsletter – Jan 2020
- 21/11/2019 – Newsletter – Nov 2019
- 18/09/2019 – Newsletter – Sep 2019
- 18/07/2019 – Newsletter – Jul 2019
- 02/05/2019 – Newsletter – May 2019
- 05/03/2019 – Newsletter – Mar 2019