Join The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP) and members of the Natural Fibre Insulation Group on Thursday 3rd November, 2-4pm for the inaugural Natural Fibre Insulation Summit.
This event is Free for ASBP members AND for local authorities and housing associations. Discounted tickets are available for Woodknowledge Wales members and other partner organisations*.
What you will learn
- Find out why natural fibre insulation (NFI) is the most sustainable insulation choice.
- Hear from industry experts on why natural fibre insulation is the fastest growing segment of the insulation market and how industry can keep up with demand.
- Be introduced to the leading players in the sector including both established and up-and-coming brands.
- Discover the benefits of NFI for clients, contractors and architects.
- Get practical advice on how to insulate floors, roofs and walls, with a detailed practical presentation for external wall insulation (EWI).
- Find out how natural fibre insulation can help solve the retrofit challenge.
Speakers and programme
Hear from members of the Natural Fibre Insulation Group, which includes the leading manufacturers, suppliers and installers of NFI in the UK. For the past 5 years this collective of ASBP members has worked collaboratively to better communicate the multiple benefits of natural insulation, via knowledge sharing events, exhibitions, peer-reviewed briefing papers, and representation at Environmental Audit Committee inquiries.
14:00 Welcome from ASBP – Mark Lynn, Vice-Chair, ASBP/Chair, ASBP Natural Fibre Insulation Group and Managing Director, Eden Renewable Innovations Ltd/Thermafleece
14:10 Introduction to the Natural Fibre Insulation Group members
14:20 The benefits of natural fibre insulation for clients, contractors and architects – Neil Turner, UK Technical Sales Manager, Ecological Building Systems
14:35 Natural fibre insulation: The sustainable choice – Umendra Singh (Umi), Technical Expert – Bio-based Systems, Soprema North Europe
14:50 Natural fibre insulation in practice: Overview of applications – Chris Brookman, Director, Back to Earth
15:00 Example of application: External Wall Insulation (EWI) – Lime Green Products
15:15 Natural fibre insulation – The retrofit solution and looking beyond U-values – Martin Twamley, Technical Director, STEICO UK
15:30 Panel discussion
– Why are so many people now specifying NFI?
– How do we keep up with demand?
Date: Thursday 3rd November 2022
Location: Online (Zoom)
Fees: Free for ASBP members; Free for local authorities and housing associations; £25 +VAT for members of Woodknowledge Wales and other partner organisations*; £40 +VAT for non-members.
*ACAN, AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, CIBSE, Fit for the Future, FIS, Good Homes Alliance, natureplus, Passivhaus Trust, SuperHomes, STBA, The Green Register and Woodknowledge Wales.
For more information and to register, visit https://asbp.org.uk/events/nfi-summit-2022.