Wednesday 27 September
Sevenoaks Modular would like to welcome you to an open day at its state-of-the-art facilities in Neath. Offering 30 years’ experience in the design, manufacture and assembly of timber frame buildings and low-carbon offsite manufacturing, your visit will be educational, inspire ideas for future developments, and facilitate valuable discussions amongst industry specialists.
The day will include refreshments, presentations, a factory tour, a site tour at our County Flats development in Aberavon, and Q&A with in-house technical specialists and key figures in the Welsh housing and timber supply chain. We will discuss the advantages of offsite manufacturing in terms of risk management, performance enhancement, waste reduction and environmental benefits.
- Approaches to MMC and levels of off-site pre-assembly
- The importance of a fabric first approach
- Timber in construction and the use of Welsh Timber
- Sustainable materials and healthy living environments
- The importance of QC and continuous improvement in manufacturing
- Embodied and operational carbon
- The timber supply chain in Wales
- Arrival, welcome and introductions
- SOM company overview presentation
- Factory H&S presentation
- Factory tour with Tom Evans
- Networking/refreshments/food break
- County Flats site visit